PCs, Bent must be there, you can choose amongst and customize the others.
- Bent Svendssøn, 19, the son of a minor magnate, but doughty warrior, of Vendsyssel. Going abroad for the first time to serve his King (Svend supports a supporter of Knud Magnussen), or rather, will attempt to get accepted in his King's Hird. Solid man, no boaster, but not a coward either. Slow to anger, but hard to deal with if aroused. Polite and stiff-necked with a sprinkling of pride and temper that Kolskeg tries to counteract. Big man with handsome if not beautiful features and proficient with Sword, X-Bow and Lance, owns armour (+2), helmet and warhorse, not exquisite but still, quite an intelligent young man. Knight/Warrior (O) (Off).
- Kolskeg Bårdssøn, 23, Son of Thord den Frigivne, Bjarne's foster father, and thus his foster brother. A broad and squat blackbearded man of great strength, Kolskeg fights with an old-fashioned Danish Axe and Longbow, but can afford no armour. He accompanies Bent on the latter's journey to the King, acting as a squire and companion. In general he is a gentle man, with much knowledge of local flora and fauna, and a moderating influence on Bent, who has the pride becoming a Huskarl/Knight, but have no doubt that he can fight. Warrior (S)
- Høskuld Hrutsson, 18, Icelander on his (much-needed) "Dannelsesrejse". Left Iceland steering father's Knarr to Norway with fish and Walrus ivory, but on advice from Great-granduncle Erik he took ship to Denmark instead, aiming to sell his wares in Slesvig where he is now bound. Høskuld is a Skjald and a hothead. Full of pride, vanity and attitude, he makes up for his size with fervour, for he is indeed just below average size, somewhat slender, and a bit of a prettyboy. As all Icelanders he is the true friend of his friends and a jack of many trades, but has a bit of an attitude and is quick to form verses. Owns chain shirt (+1) and helmet, longbow, sword, spear and shield. Warrior (O) (Off).
- Giraut, 24, A French Cistercian monk in Denmark trying to find new healing herbs, spices and such. Has read and believes the works of Pierre Abélard, but is smart enough to keep that very secret. Studied in Paris, and very learned, having read ancient Greek, Latin and Arabic texts as well as current philosophy. Might have an ulterior motive for going to this far and barbaric corner of the world. Gentle and soft spoken, and not yet fully fluent in Norse. Crew (O) with sling and little else, as a man of God he does not fight and will be horrified at the fighting Danish Churchmen like Absalon.
- Losaneta uxore Perrerii de Chablo, aka Constanza, 17, a Languedoc trobairitz run away from an arranged marriage with a Crusader who could be her father, but with a good name in need of her family's fortune (armed pilgrimages being expensive). Of low (but wealthy) Languedoc nobility, and with her head full of the romantic dreams she sings and compose about, she has fled to this remote corner of the world hoping that she can hide her identity and perform without being hauled back to her family. Constanza is a Spanish (Castilian) name she uses to hide her real identity. She tried performing at Øystein Haraldsson's court in Norway, but the barbaric and ever-warring Norwegians simply could not appreciate her songs of romance, courtly love and chivalry, but preferred Icelandic Skalds' praise of war and glory. So she and her fiddle has taken ship back to Denmark which, though violent and warring, has at least a modicum of civilisation and where Skalds and German minnesänger are both welcome. Constanza has a great potential as "embedded artist", but unless she gets firmly attached to a Royal, Earl or Ducal court soon, she will be but a Jongleur, a street juggler, despised by the nobility. Inside her soul, this young girl of great beauty dreams of a knight on a white horse (almost literally), to carry her away. But since she is unlikely to find such in these remote parts, she is trying to find a court and attach herself to. (o) (Crew) with sling and dagger.